MAKE A RESERVATION
At Barks & Recreation, we truly believe that Daycare should be a safe, fun, and beneficial experience for your pup. We do not turn away dogs based on their breed and all of our pups go through the Barks & Recreation New Pup Assessment to ensure they will enjoy our daycare environment and have safe interactions with humans and other dogs. With our daycare program, your pups will run and play all day long — inside and outside — with their furry friends in our one-of-a-kind facilities. We’ve got separate areas for our smaller pups and the larger dogs so they can feel comfortable playing with friends their own size. But if mom or dad say it’s OK for the smaller pups to run with the big dogs, we can make that happen as well.
Encouraging physical and mental stimulation and giving your pups the opportunity to observe all the other dogs and their behaviors is an integral part of our philosophy for daycare. This socialization — the opportunity to be part of a pack — is deeply instinctual for your pups and they will thoroughly enjoy having time with “their own”. This means that when you pick up your pups at the end of your busy day, they will be happy and exhausted from a day of fun. Not only is this a great experience for your furry kids, but it’s also great knowing that you won’t have to exercise your pups to make sure they have an outlet for their energy after an exhausting day at work.
We also believe that working with your daycare provider should not be a hassle for you. So we do everything we can to make the entire experience as easy as possible for you. For example, there are no specific drop-off or pick-up times — you can drop off or pick up your dog whenever it’s most convenient for you. Whatever your schedule may be know that we will be here and ready to play when you arrive. We also don’t charge extra for special request that help your pup feel at home — so please feel free to talk to us about special feeding instructions, medications, and other special needs. And if you have more than one pup, each additional dog you bring is 50% off the daily rate.
Many of our customers who find themselves at home most days still find it beneficial to bring their pup to daycare once or twice a week (even for a half day). Not only will your pup love the experience of playing with his friends, but you’ll also notice how much it improves their overall behavior and disposition.
So whether it’s because your weeks are packed with 14 hour days of work, meetings, and other commitments, or because your pups need a place to expend some energy or get some exercise every once in a while (especially during our long Ohio winters), or because they have anxiety and don’t like to be alone, or because you just want to socialize your dog so they learn certain pack behaviors from other dogs… whatever your reason for wanting your pups to have the best possible daycare experience, Barks & Recreation is here for you (and your pups).
After trying other daycares that just did not give our Great Danes the love and care that they deserved, we began looking for alternatives and found Barks & Recreation. After talking with the owner, Amy, our Great Danes were invited to come in for a visit to play with the other dogs and make sure that they were comfortable in their environment and played well with the others. After seeing (and feeling) how much they truly love all the animals, we were sold and we’ve been with them ever since. The Staff is top notch and always take the best care of our kids. They are loving and kind and we know that our dogs are getting the best care possible. We also love that we can watch them play on the cameras and the daily report cards are really cool. Our kids have spent overnights there as well and are sad when they don’t get to go at least once a week. I would highly recommend using Barks and Recreation as your home away from home for your hairy kids.
- Our two husky’s — Remington and Colt — adore the crew at Barks and Recreation. They love the time they spend there at daily “playcare” and have made many friends in the process. When we have to leave them for boarding, we feel confident they are in the best hands possible while we are gone. The girls treat the boys like family and we love the staff there like family!
- It is important to me as a dog owner to socialize my dog & my dog loves playing with other dogs – at Barks & Rec my dog gets both! My husband & I are both full-time workers with crazy schedules. The hours of operation are great with our schedules and we don’t have to feel guilty that our pup is stuck at home anymore. The bonus is our little guy is so tired from playing at Barks & Rec! I could not imagine my life as a dog owner without this place!
- Barks and Recreation has been an amazing place for Maxwell (10 month Golden Retreiver). He gets so excited when we are on our way there. He has made many human and dog friends. Barks and Recreation has provided Max the opportunity to socialize with other dogs and people — he is always worn out when we bring him home. The staff is very loving to the animals. As Max’s mom I feel the staff’s true passion is working and playing with all dogs. We are very grateful that Barks and Recreation exists so that Max has a wonderful place to play and stay when we are away from home. I highly recommend Barks and Recreation.
- Our Cavapoo, Cooper Gene, has been spending weekdays at Barks & Recreation Tallmadge, for just about two years now. We were thrilled to find a place that cares about Cooper as much as we do and that helps us work the long hours we do without guilt and knowing he is having a great time and getting plenty of exercise. It brings us comfort to see his excitement as soon as we turn onto the road towards daycare and the staff’s warm greeting when he enters the front door. He has made many furry friends along the way and is always content and tired when we bring him home at the end of the day! Their boarding service has been a life-saver as well. We can relax and enjoy our vacations, knowing that Cooper is well taken care of and is comfortable in his surroundings. It’s like spending the night at school for him! We are grateful for a staff who feels like family and appreciate them providing a safe and fun space for our Cooper!
- Our dog actually jumps for joy when we tell him he’s going to “school” to see all his friends!! He loves it here and we love the fact that he’s safe, cared for, and benefits from the socialization and exercise. We have boarded him and were able to bring his bed and blanket to make him even more comfy. When he needs grooming, Stephanie always makes him look so handsome! The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and total dog lovers! We highly recommend Barks and Recreation!
Doggie day care – aah, what a wonderful concept! My husband and I “adopted” our son’s dog back in 2008 as he was no longer able to have pets at his home. His name (the dog) is Kashmir and he is truly a joy to have in lives — and he has a lot of energy! He loves to play fetch and tug of war, run around, get treats, and cuddle up at the end of the night. A few years after we got Kashmir, Barks & Recreation opened very close to our home. So, one morning we packed up and went to the day care to get some information. We were very impressed with the facility, the set-up and Amy Beach, the owner. She took the time to show us around and explain how the day care operates. We were sold on the concept instantly and Kashmir has been going to Barks & Recreation since 2011. He goes to daycare a few times a week and he has boarded there while we were on vacation. It is a great place for Kashmir to burn off some energy and play with other dogs. He especially likes the treats he gets when he leaves. We are committed attendees at Barks & Recreation and we are very happy to have such a facility close to our home. Dogs, like humans, need exercise. What a great way to give them room to run especially if they are cooped up in a house all day. We love Barks & Recreation and so does Kashmir!
- Hey dog lovers! Ditto has been a regular here at Barks & Recreation for about 5 years now. It makes me happy to see how excited he gets when I am packing his lunch for the day. He runs to the door and waits impatiently to be loaded into the car. He knows he will have a fun filled day at play and plenty of human attention too. He has also been boarded on many occasions. They have always taken such good care of him, I even left him under their care 1 week after he had reconstructive surgery on his knee and I had to go out of town. He needed to have restrictions on activities and medication to keep him comfortable. When I got back he was doing great and his incision was beautifully healed. They take care of your pets as if they were their own! I recommend them to all my family and friends.
- I have been taking my dogs to Barks & Recreation since my last dog was about 3. My last dog Rockne (a huge Goldendoodle) loved everyone and was very mild mannered. My current Goldendoodle (Rudy) also loves everyone but has more energy than he knows what to do with! Both my dogs were so excited at even the mention of going to daycare that I would have to wait till right before I was about to leave to tell them or they would drive me crazy with their excitement. They were so happy to get there and so happy and TIRED when I picked them up. We also have used their groomers for many years who are also wonderful. Both of my dogs have also boarded there and I love that they get to play in daycare all day instead of sitting in a kennel most of the day. Even if we moved out of the local area, I can tell you we will always bring our dogs here, to them it’s like Disneyworld!!!
- The staff at Barks & Recreation is phenomenal! I wouldn’t trust my dog with anyone else. Ziggy is so well cared for and loves being here!
- I am so grateful for Barks & Recreation! I use their daycare and boarding services for my dog Lilly! The reasons why I love it there are Lilly gets extremely excited when we pull into the parking lot, every time I have been in either facility it has been extremely clean, the staff is friendly and caring, and I get to watch Lilly on camera while I am at work or on vacation. I have had nothing but great experiences here and would highly recommend it!